Saturday, 28 September 2013

Aztec Notebook


Hello guys!

I hope you had a creative week. I was trying to think of ideas I could share with you on the blog and realised that I should really note them down in a notebook. Luckily, my dad has a stash of them, so I stole one from him. Thanks dad!

As you will find, it is very 'manly'. It is just a plain silver notebook and it lacks a girly touch! For a while now, I wanted to make a paper cut out, the kind that goes back to the kindergarten days in art class. Together with the notebook, the cut out gives it a nice Aztec style. Let's get to work!


 Things that you need:

A notebook

Coloured paper
Scissors
A sharp craft knife
Craft glue
A circle compass
A ruler
A mechanical pencil
Invisible tape
A thick cardboard to cut on (I used the back of a sketch pad) or A healing mat

 Firstly, cut your piece of paper into a square.


Secondly, cut out the circle that was drawn using the circle compass.


After folding the circle in four, create a scallop edge with the scissors. Of course you have the freedom to do any design you like. I also cut out a circle for the middle of the circle.


Using invisible tape, stick the paper to the background as you will use the craft knife to cut out shapes. I honestly randomly made shapes in it, I folded the paper a few times too to cut it with scissors. Get creative!


This is what it should look like when open! At this stage, you could use the cut out for anything you like.


Apply craft glue all over the circle, making sure that you don't tear the fragile paper cut out. Don't apply too much so as to not dampen the paper.


There you go, you're all done! It brings back good ol' kindergarten memories, not that I remember much..


You could frame the cut out that you've made and display it on your wall! How will you use it? Let me know in the comments!

If you liked it, share it!

Love,

Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment