Saturday, 14 September 2013

Handmade Paper Rose

Hey guys.

I hope that you had a great week. On my side, I am always in the process of updating the look of my room. I realised that my walls lacked colour and came up with the idea of a flower garland! This week, I want to show you how to make this (extremely easy) paper rose.




You will need:
1 A4 paper (choose any colour)
1 pair of scissors
1 pencil
1 craft glue



First, you will cut your A4 paper into a square.



Use your pencil to mark the decorative spiral on your paper. As you can see in the photo below, I left a small space in the middle. This part will be glued to the bottom of my flower when I'm done. Don't worry, this will make sense soon.



Start cutting the spiral with your scissors. You do not have to follow the lines exactly but make sure that you are creating your 'petals' beautifully.


As shown in the photo, I stopped cutting the paper leaving the space for it to be glued later on



Cut off the straight part of the decorative spiral.




This is what it should look like all cut up!




Starting with the outer part of the spiral, curve the paper inwards to create the bud of the flower. Hold it together using craft glue.



Depending on the flower size that you want, keep curving the 'petals' inwards, making sure that you add a dab of glue once in a while to keep the flower together. 


Add glue to the bottom of the flower and close it off.


You now have a beautiful paper rose.


The previous ones I made were used in the flower garland and I gave this one to my love. How will you use the handmade paper rose? Let me know in your comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment